bare•bones — the best of (1997-2001)
$16.95 - $22.95
Born from the ashes of The Scream Factory, bare•bones (1997-2001) unearthed some of the best vintage and forgotten paperbacks, films, pulp fiction, television, and video. Edited by Peter Enfantino and John Scoleri, bare•bones — the best of — collects many of the best articles from the magazine’s original run, including:
• Overviews of fiction series including: George Chesbro’s Mongo, Robert Lory’s Dracula, Richard Stark’s Parker, John Sanford’s Prey novels, Karl Edward Wagner’s Kane, and the Black novels of Cornell Woolrich!
• Retrospectives on filmmakers Edward L. Cahn and Jerry Warren!
• An overview of the Blind Dead films!
• Ann-Margret movie tie-ins!
• Annotated Indexes to Saturn Science Fiction and Web Detective Stories pulps!
• A detailed overview of the Dark Shadows novels of Dan (Marilyn) Ross!
• Commentary on Trevanian and Top Ten lists by David J. Schow!
• A look back at the Trilogy of Terror Zuni!
• Interviews with Bill Crider, Richard Prather, Robert Serling and Bay Area Creature Features horror host Bob Wilkins!
Publication Date: October 25, 2019
Trade Paperback - 239 pages
Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
Publication Date: March 6, 2021
Hardcover - 239 pages
Dimensions: 6 x 0.73 x 9 inches